One of the equipment suppliers that consistently brings out new products is KLA-Tencor. However, the metrology supplier rarely figures in the most popular rankings in any given year. That has changed in 2008 with its TeraFab tool. Although only released recently, the fifth most popular product was from TEL and Novellus for copper interconnects.
There was no surprise this end that Alchimer’s eG ViaCoat solution proved to be the most popular. I had voted for it in SEMI’s SEMICON West best product awards and many visitors to our review would seem to agree.
1. New Product: Alchimer’s eG ViaCoat offers conformal film deposition for TSVs
2. New Product: KLA-Tencor tackles all reticle inspection needs for fabs with new TeraFab family
3. New Product: Applied Materials Aera2 detects defects according to patterning impact
4. New Product: Wafer Plane Inspection technology from KLA-Tencor addresses 32nm mask defect challenges
5. New Product: TEL & Novellus create new 2Xnm node integrated copper interconnect process